Thursday, December 15, 2011

Motherhood . . . at Long Last!

Our sweet little man, Ethan Jai Limthong arrived on October 14th at 10:09am weighing 7lbs 9oz and measuring 21.5 inches long (he's a string bean!)  I gave birth naturally without any medication at WakeMed hospital here in Raleigh.  It was a perfect birth, in good timing and with all the right people at my side. I began to wonder how was that even possible?!  I perceived Ethan's birth as a blessing, nothing short of miraculous and wonderful.  And ideally, that is how motherhood should be.  Below is a picture of the spunky little guy playing around with his daddy. 

In the next few blog posts I'd like to share more of Ethan's birth story, tell my childless friends what it is like coming home with a newborn in those early weeks, the trials of breastfeeding as a "Western woman" and the realizations I've made during this phenomenal and transformative time of our lives.  I hope you will read along for this all makes for fascinating storytelling . . . If you're interested in the story, please opt to "follow" this blog.  Check back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment